Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1: Prepare the filling. Place the xinomizithra cheese, the honey, the 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, the orange zest and the eggs in a large bowl and mix very well.
- Step 2: Prepare the kourou pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 12 square pieces.
- Step 3: Put 1 1/2 tsp of filling on each square piece of pastry and seal each piece triangularly like a small cheese pie. Press with a fork to seal well. Spread the olive oil on a baking pan and arrange the cheese pies on it. Brush over with the egg yolk and bake in preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is baked and has taken on a golden brown colour.
- Step 4: Remove the cheese pies from the oven and wait for 10 minutes so that they cool off. Sprinkle with the icing sugar and the rest of the cinnamon, and serve.
- 1 package of kourou pastry
- 500g xinomizithra
- 100g honey
- 1 & 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk (gently beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
- 4tbsp icing sugar
- the zest of 1 orange
- 2tbsp olive oil with orange