Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 :Wash eggplants, poke with a fork in various places and wrap in foil.
- Step 2 :Bake in 375 degree oven or cook over an open fire on hot grill or charcoal and cook on all sides until very soft.
- Step 3 :This procedure will take about 20-25 minutes depending on the method used.
- Step 4 :Let cool slightly, slice in half and scoop out pulp onto a cutting board and immediately squeeze on lemon juice to keep pulp from turning dark.
- Step 5 :Rough chop the pulp into pieces and mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Step 6 :Serve as appetizer with sourdough toasted bread slices.
- Step 7 :If using Greek paximadi, lightly drizzle water on the paximadi to soften, lightly drizzle with olive oil and top with the eggplant mixture.
- 2large eggplants
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 green onion , finely chopped
- 5-6tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1small tomato , diced